Tuesday, May 15, 2007

May Camping Day 1

The trip to Lake Anna was uneventful and took a little over an hour. Since we did not have a reservation the ranger attempted to get us registered using their new computer system. After about 40 minutes and two phone calls they suggested that we find a site and get set up and he would bring the paperwork around.

We decided on site 38 and I attempted to back in. This is a back to right and I was to far to the left. It took me about 3 attempts before I got the camper where we wanted. Glad I had the yellow tape on the bumper to let folks know that I am a rookie. I offered to let Suzette back it in but she declined.

about 3:30 I got the bikes from the truck and we biked to the ranger station since we had not seen the ranger yet. Well he was still having problems with the software. I told him that it was no problem as long as we got the paperwork before we checked out. He said he really wanted to get thru things today since there was another customer and he had problems with them also.

About 5 the ranger stopped by with the paperwork. We sure hope they get things worked out before the weekend.

We cooked a chicken dinner, chicken in foil, with rice and broccoli done on the stove. We had been looking for a recipe where you cook the chicken, rice, broccoli in a foil pouch with some cream of mushroom soup. We could not find the recipe at home or on the internet so we just cooked the chicken with some onions and used cream of chicken soup.

After supper we took a ride to the boat launch and picnic area to watch the sunset. Logan enjoyed his walk and wanted to chase a goose and the little wavelets.

Returning to camp we decided to build a fire in and just relax.

Our Campsite

Sunset over the lake

No comments: