Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Camping day 68 - Shakedown III

Belle Isle SP
Tuesday September 18, 2007

It was a bout 46 this morning and the heater kicked on a few times over night. One day that new smell will be gone, won't it? When I was up for a nature call I could hear owls calling near by. Neat.

After breakfast we were visited by one of the rangers and we had a nice talk. We asked about seeing the Mansion, a 1942 farm house and guest house. They can be rented, week at a time in prime season and a 2 night minimum at other times. It is a nice house and well furnished. The view over the Rappahannock River is fantastic.

After our tour we took a ride to Morattico to see the museum which is only open on weekends. We wanted to check it out so we could let folks know about it on our next trip. Looked really cool. I think we will tour next time we are here, oh, that is two weeks from now.

We took a long bike ride, well a couple of miles, and enjoyed that. I had broken my shifter so I was stuck in one gear on the rear but could change the front chain ring.

We cooked the meat portion of our dinner over a wood fire. So I guess we are really camping now.

Well that's about all for now.

No comments: