Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sign's UP

Today we met with our Realtor and signed the papers, measured the rooms, took pictures and put up the For Sale sign.

We had taken 5 pickup truck and 2 car loads of things to the auction house in January. We also rented a 10x15 storage unit, as a special we get first 2 month free, and since I am over the age I get a 5% discount on the monthly storage fee starting with our first payment in April.

We have taken a lot of stuff that we plan to keep to the unit, valuables and firearms have been taken to a friend who has a big safe with extra room. All of our items in the safe are identified with us as the owner along with our contact information.

Still cleaning out the workshop and I plan to keep the power tools. Some of the fixtures I had made will be given away to our friends here. I will make new ones when I need them.

We will be continuing to organize things and make decisions on which items we have left that will go in the next auction. More decisions.

2 comments:

MikeyPDX said...

It's really happening, isn't it? Wow...

Larry said...

Yep, and it is a lot of work. What to toss, sell, scrap, give away.

I did have a lot of copper and sold it for scrap. First batch of copper was sold at $2.31/#. Not bad