Friday, April 25, 2008

Where in the world are Larry and Suzette

Well Larry is out of retirement for a few weeks doing some "consulting" in North Carolina. I did the first week and stayed in a hotel and took time to check out a couple of campgrounds in the area. One, Birchwood RV and Mobile Home Park, didn't look to inviting but Rolling View Campground at Falls Lake State Park has nice sites. Only loop B is currently open.

The next week, the current one actually, we dragged the Fox down US 15 in VA and found our way to the SP. For our safety NC locks us in at night. In April the gate opens at 0800 and closes at 2000. However the camphost is willing to open the gates if needed. Next month, May, they only protect us between 2100 and 0800.

I was able to adjust my hours but found that the CG supervisor usually opens between 0730 and 0745 so that works out pretty well. I did ask if I could extend to a 3rd week and NO. Oh well we will check out the campsite at Jordan Lake.

Site 29 at Rolling View Loop b
Site B29 at Rolling View campground

I'm not sure what is happening but blogger will not let me use the icon to add pictures so I had to use some html. Could the problem FireFox or is Norton Internet Security doing this to me?

No comments: