Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The weather was cold. I know it's realitive

Well for Florida we had a couple of cold weeks. But that really worked out pretty good since Suzette was taking Stained Glass class and I was taking a class in bowl turning.

Suzette completed her class project and then did a project on her own, the sailboat below. Once she decided on the pattern the glass had to be chosen. So off to Glass Crafters. So much glass to choose from.

The lighter bowl was the first bowl I did in the class with help form the instructor. The darker one was done more on my own. One thing I learned is that making a flat bottomed bowl is a lot more challenging than a rounded bottomed bowl.


On Friday the 16th Mati, Judy, Suzette and I went to the Tampa RV show. It is a large show and we spent a lot of time going thru the vendor area before looking at a lot of the high end rv's. It was interesting to see Spartan chassis as well as a RV with nothing inside but plywood floor. One could easily spend 2 days at the show.

No comments: