Thursday, August 21, 2008

Vermont

We arrived at North Beach yesterday and got all set up and such. We just chilled and kicked back.

Today we went our for some shopping. I found a remote wireless speaker system that I liked so we bought it. Suzette found a few things, picnic table cloths, ... With the shopping done we went to Al's for lunch. Gotta have them fries.

Since the remote speaker was meant to be used with an Ipod or similar device and I wanted to use it with my Sirius receiver it was an O s.... when I realized the output from the Sirius unit needed a preamp. So what to do?

I figured that the Kenwood radio that is in the camper must have an extra speaker output that I could feed into the wireless speakers transmitter. So I found the manual and the special widgets that are used to remove the radio from the case. I pulled the radio an sure enough there is an extra speaker out. I drilled a hole to get the wire from the wireless transmitter to the radio speaker output. That worked. Rather neat too.

Tonight was ballgame night. We met the Stein's at the old Trinity College parking lot and walked to the game. The Lake Monsters lost.

No comments: