Sunday, August 26, 2007

Camping day 59

North Beach Park Burlington VT
Saturday August 25,2007

After breakfast Suzette sent me to the store to get milk. We didn't notice that we needed any during yesterday's grocery run. I also got a for sale sign for the camper. I talked to Jim and he said he would arrive for lunch. Suzette and I had lunch because we were hungry even though Jim had not arrived. About a half hour after we finished lunch Jim pulled in. We fed him and he just wanted to rest. The day was gray with storms on the New York side of Lake Champlain so we talked and kept an eye to the weather. We heard an alert on the commercial radio station and wondered why there was no alert on our weather alert radio. Well I had it set for multiple counties in Virginia. Changed the setting so we would get all counties that the NOAA station covers. Jim and I also removed the awning lights and lowered one end of the awning.

Just before supper we did get a little downpour but not much wind. The storms had went south of us. After supper the weather cleared so we decided to launch the kayak's for Jim and I to play while Suzette and Logan watched. We had fun trying to surf the boats on the small waves. Then Jim decided that Logan needed a ride in a kayak. Logan had been biting at the waves so he was already quite wet. After getting him in the kayak, head facing the stern, Jim paddled him out about 100yds. On the return trip Logan turned around so his head was facing the bow. He did not look like a happy camper.

I decided that Logan needed another ride so we got him in my kayak, this time he was facing the bow and I took him out about 100yds before returning. He seemed a little more at ease but he still thought he should get out before we reached shore. We made it all the way back and he jumbed out when the boat beached.

Back at the camper we visited for a little and I gave Jim and dry shirt for the drive home. Jim said he would be back for breakfast at 0800.

1 comment:

MikeyPDX said...

Fun! Jim looks good, almost catching me in the gray hair department.

Yeah, Logan don't look like a happy pup there...