Thursday, July 05, 2007

Another motorcycle?

Yeah I need another motorcycle like I need .... Oh well it was a good buy of a classic, 1980 Honda CB750 Custom. The CB750K0 was a defining bike when it came out. I believe the Custom was one of the last of the series.

1980 Honda CB750 Custom
So it was off to Vermont to pick up this find. It sure needs some work but I think I can have it looking pretty good with some basic cleaning and new paint. I will remove the sissy bar since it is a piece of ...
Vermont, nuf said.
You can't leave Vermont without a scenic view picture so I took this one from the front yard where I picked up the bike.

We went on a hike to Niquette's Bay State Park which had just opened and took these pictures of Mallette's bay from a different perspective than our sailing days on the lake.

Niquette's Bay State Park

Gale's cove

We had also gone to Mt. Norris Scout Reservation to watch a dog sled demonstration and visit some of our Scouting friends.

Frontier Camp with Matt and Tyra

We did have some traffic slowdowns in our travels but that's the way it goes. The truck was a pleasure to drive and we got between 18 and 20 mpg. Not to shabby for the GMC 2500 HD Duramax Diesel since diesel was 20 to 30 cents cheaper than regular gas.

1 comment:

MikeyPDX said...

Was hoping to hear a little more about Jimbo. Did he mention I left him a b-day message?