Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Reception Picnic Day

Party Day


Saturday July 21


Our usual morning routine is to have coffee, then shower and have breakfast. That was our routine today but the showers were delayed because I forgot to turn on the hot water heater. We had done the previous evenings dishes in the hot water we had from cooking corn. Oh well it didn't take to long for the water to heat up and then it was time to make our big breakfast. Eggs, bacon and pancakes with fresh blueberries. Good eat'n.


Field and Stream RV Park
After the dishes were done we walked around and talked to a few folks. One couple was from AZ and are out on a 5 months trip in their first RV, a 32' Excel 5er with a Chevy 3500 duelly tow vehicle. As we were talking he mentioned that he had to pick up a replaced trailer tire. This caused me to look at his tow vehicle and I noticed that the inside tires on the rear axle were nearly bald. He was surprised since the tires were susposed to be new. I looked at his spare and it was also thin. I think he will be buying some new tires.

Went to Josh and Angie's Pinic reception at Josh's "Aunt Laura's" house. Nice house and huge back yard. Seems that Josh's uncle does landscaping as a hobby. Along with Angie was Jessie (WoJo) who lived across the street from us when we lived in Vermont. Angie thanked Suzette several times for the afgan that she had knitted for them as a wedding present.


Josh, Suzette, Angie
Suzette and Jessie

We left the party to diesel up for our trip tomorrow and decided to go to a local LL Bean outlet. So we asked the GPS to find it and drove for about half an hour only to find that the store was no where the GPS said. So we headed back to the RV park and there is was about 1/2 mile from we dieseled up. I asked one of the employees how long the store had been there and she said 3 years. So that means the GPS will take us to POI's that existed 3 years ago. So much for technology. I guess what we need to do is do the look up and then make a phone call to confirm the address. At any rate Suzette go a pair of Capri pants and a stripped shirt and I found a pair of shorts. The next stop was Lulls Farm for corn and some fruit. Their corn will be available tomorrow.

2 comments:

MikeyPDX said...

Hm. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to keep GPS software up-to-date in this day and age.

Hard to believe that's Angie. I don't even want to think what year it was I saw her last.

LandS said...

Yeah, I would think the GPS providers could do a better job but from what I understand none of them do.

I would guess the last time you saw Angie was about 1989. You would have been 18 and she 13, a mere infant. I think she is now 31.