Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Maine to PA

Wednesday July 25

Merry Christmas.

Ok this is a day of interstates and boredom. Not really much but bounce along the poorly maintained interstates of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York. I84 is one big pain in Conn and NY east of Fishkill. Not a lot of rest stops for one thing and we had a long traffic jam shortly after we crossed from Conn. to NY. We finally get to Tri State Campground at 3:15 PM with the fuel gauge on EMPTY, I mean in the red, I mean OH S.... We get checked in and pointed to a site. No electric, which we paid for. Off to the office and just move back a site and all is well. After we are unhooked I strike out for fuel. I have to get back on I84 and go back across the river to Port Jervis. As I near the exit ramp the low fuel light come on. I really, really don't want to run out of diesel. As I wait on the exit ramp for the 3 in front of me to make a left into busy traffic I shut the engine off. When my turn comes I restart and keep edging into the traffic to make my left, diesel in sight. I make it to a station and put 31.6 gallons in a 34 gallon tank. I don't want to do that again.

We decide to eat out since it has been a long day and neither of us feel like setting up the grill to cook. So off we go with a full load of fuel to find some eats. We have pizza and then make a stop in Big K for some batteries and an ace bandage. We ask about what appears to be an obelisk on the ridge across the Delaware river. It is High Point Park, the highest point in New Jersey. What the heck we might as well make this a seven state travel day so off we go. The GPS leads to the state park but not the area where the monument is. We let the GPS take another stab at it and arrive at High Point State Park entrance station. It is a beautiful park with a swim lake below the monument.High Point monument from near the swim beach.
Looking from High Point back toward the swim beachHigh Point Monument from Tri State RP Park

The nicest part of the RV park is near the Delaware River


We traveled thru seven states today, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Your, New Jersey, Pennsylvania.

No comments: